The organic food market is now the most dynamic and rapidly growing sector of the global food industry. Over the last few years, organic food consumption has grown dramatically in Canada, exceeding the growth of the organic agriculture sector.
- In 2012, Canada’s organic market was worth an estimated $3.7 billion.
- Organic foods now make up 1.7% of total food sales, and 58% of Canadians buy organic products every week (COTA, 2013).
- Sales of organic products in the United States jumped to $35.1 billion in 2013, up 11.5% from the previous year.
Identifying products that comply with regulatory requirements can be a difficult and time-consuming process for organic food processors. Sani Marc offers an exclusive line of products that has been evaluated based on the Canadian Organic Production Systems – Permitted Substances Lists*. This list allows to see at a glance which products can be used without jeopardizing the hard-earned organic certification or the efforts to obtain organic certification.
* CAN/CGSB-32.310 and CAN/CGSB-32.311
Looking for ways to simplify your organic compliance audit?
Achieving industry compliance for organic production can be complicated and stressful. Standards are sometimes open to interpretation, and without the right information, you may find yourself receiving notices of non-compliance. The Sani Marc Food and Beverage division can help you avoid that. We have developed a Product Reference Guide for Organic Production that contains:
- Everything you need to know about the CAN/CGSB-32.310-2015 standard
- A complete list of approved cleaning, sanitizing and specialty products
- Easy to read tables that indicate product family (ex. degreaser, sanitizer, etc.), product name, description, Canadian standard reference, and validation procedures
The Sani Marc Product Reference Guide for Organic Production will help you:
- Avoid costly fines
- Avoid lost revenue
- Avoid product waste
- Achieve peace of mind